Certified Lymphedema Services
Certified LYMPHEDEMA Services
Our certified lymphedema physiotherapist specializes in:
- Manual lymphatic drainage.
- Compression fitting services wrapping and/or garments.
- Exercise prescription.
- Education on self-management, skin care, and flare-up prevention.
At Kinetik we are passionate about treating, educating and supporting individuals with lymphedema. Our registered physical therapist, is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT) in Complete Decongestive Therapy, the standard of care for the treatment of primary and secondary lymphedema. As such, we can provide a full-service for lymphedema, including assessment, treatment and education on how to manage the condition.
Other related services include:
- Cancer rehabilitation services, including orthopedic rehabilitation, pain, fatigue, scar management, re-conditioning, exercise and therapy.
- Cancer consultation: we offer a one hour consultation (pre- or post- cancer treatment) that can include taking lymphedema baseline measurements, teaching lymphedema prevention techniques and self-massage (if applicable), education on managing fatigue, pain, functional limitations, and cancer rehabilitation options. Exercise principles are also discussed.
- We have certified acupuncturists and IMS (dry needling) therapists.
- Our clinic has access to an onsite therapy pool, and a comprehensive gym facility.